I'm back with the latest episode of Process, this time with a great friend of mine: Adii Pienaar!
I'm honored that Adii shared all this amazingness with me. I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed recording it!
Let's get to it...
In this episode
Listen on iTunes or below:
My guest on this episode is Adii Pienaar, founder of Receiptful and WooThemes. This conversation happened across the globe, from my desk in Nicaragua to Adii's in South Africa. The result is a raw, honest, and insightful talk that left me energized for the rest of the day! During our conversation, we cover:
- Dealing with foreboding joy when a business is going well
- What determines who rises after a fall?
- How many different identities we all juggle, especially as parents
- How spending time in nature and with our hobbies helps restore our energy reserves
- The role ego plays in our burnout
- How he makes working remote (and at home) effective
- Hiring to avoid connection and burnout
- The different experience as a 2nd or 3rd time founder—and what he's learned
- How he's learned to deal with the inevitable hiccups that happen
Here's my favorite quote from our conversation:
"Shame dies with exposure."
Oh, and here's another! But you'll have to listen to the full episode to get the joke. :-)
"I'm most excited about being the chair!"
Throughout our conversation, we mention different sites and events which I'm linking to below:
- Adii's favorite quote that he mentions in the episode:
"Everything I've done up to today has set me up for success and happiness. Everything I do today will leverage that and continue this journey."
Thanks for listening! And a huge thanks to Adii for joining me on this episode #006 of Process.
If you enjoyed this episode and Process as a whole, I'd love if you could leave a review on iTunes! Just click the button below:
PS. I'll be releasing the next episode of Process next Friday. Stay tuned. :-)