In this episode
Listen on iTunes or below:
Matt Wilson is my guest on this episode (#015) of Process. MI AMIGO!!!
Matt and I go way back to my early days on Twitter. After a few years of exchanging tweets, we finally met up in real life down here in Nicaragua where we hung out with my family, his customers and another blogger. Nowadays, Matt is focusing more than ever on his travel business (Under30Experiences) while always putting his wellbeing first. (He currently lives the surfer-dude life in Costa Rica!)
During our conversation, we cover:
- What spurred him to become an entrepreneur (as far back as the lemonade stand times)
- How he runs his business out of Costa Rica when his team is all in the USA
- The communities he's grown at every stage of his life, and especially now with U30X
- How he balances the fun parts of his job with the not-so-fun parts
- Why and how he is letting go of wanting more
- What he learned about himself (and his ego) through yoga
Here's my favorite quote from our conversation:
"I detached from my business and realized it doesn't mean anything about me."
Here are links to everything we mention during the show:
- Matt's article My Battle Banishing Stress: Why I Detached From My Business
- The book Let My People Go Surfing: The Education of a Reluctant Businessman by Yvon Chouinard, founder of Patagonia
If you enjoyed this episode and Process as a whole, I'd love if you could leave a review on iTunes! Just click the button below:
Thanks for listening! And a huge thanks to Matt (amigo!) for being on this episode #015 of Process.