The power of accountability with Allen & Cathryn, creators of SELF Journal 
Welcome back to another episode of Process!
Let's get to it!
In this episode
Listen below or check out the episode on iTunes:
Cathryn Lavery and Allen Brouwer are my guests on this episode #018 of Process.
Cathryn and Allen are the duo behind the latest Kickstarter success the SELF Journal, a powerful yet simple daily planner to help you structure your day, enjoy life, and reach your goals quicker than you thought possible. The duo behind this project asked for $15,000 to make the SELF Journal happen … and received $322,695.
Talk about a crowdfunding success!
During our conversation, we cover:
- How they found each other online and became co-founders
- Why they chose to create a physical journal, no technology included
- The life-changing benefits of morning rituals
- What it's really like to bring a best-selling Kickstarter campaign to life
- The challenge and opportunities they're facing now
- How they collaborate living in 2 different states
- Beating Resistance when it creeps up on you
- The balance between quantity versus quality
- PS. Be sure to listen through to the end for a special downloadable gift from Allen & Cathryn. (Thanks, peeps!)
My favorite moment is when Allen shared the truth and hardest part of being an entrepreneur:
"Being an entrepreneur, there's no one looking over your shoulder or giving you deadlines to get things done. It's yourself at the end of the day pushing yourself forward."
Here's everything we mention during the show:
- Article on SumoMe: Kickstarter Step-by-Step: Making $15,000 in 28 hours
- Steven Pressfield's book The War of Art
- Article on Cathryn's blog: How Overcoming Resistance Can Lead to a 322K Product Launch
Thanks for listening! And a huge thanks to Allen & Cathryn for being on episode #018 of Process.
If you enjoyed this episode and Process, I'd love if you could leave a review on iTunes! Click below:
Until next week!