Does Investing in People Really Work? with Moose Winans 
Welcome to episode #036 of Process!
It feels so good to be back with the first interview in months and months. And what an interview to start with—a talk with Moose Winans of CameraTips.com.
To be honest, Moose and I recorded this interview back in July. I wasn't able to publish it for you until now because I spent a few months dealing with some personal health issues (morning sickness sucks).
BUT, better late than never, right?
Even if it's been months and months since we sat down to chat, Moose's wisdom about online business is gold. His approach to the online space—always putting people first—is so refreshing and not something you hear everyday. I can't wait for you to hear it.
So, before you listen in, let's get to know Moose Winans, photography master!
Moose is a photographer who runs a website called CameraTips.com, which he describes as "the beginners only tree house in a backyard filled with photographers of all skill levels." I personally have used his products to get to know my new camera and take better photos. But photography isn't Moose's greatest passion—that honor belongs to his family.
During the episode, we talk about:
- Is his name really Moose?! 🐃
- How he got into photography way back when, and how it developed into CameraTips.com
- What it took to purchase an ultra-coveted domain like CameraTips.com
- The journey from blog into full-blown business—as a newlywed, no less!
- Why he created his first paid product (which started out as free)
- How putting people first has led to a business large enough to sustain his entire family
- The Netflix show we both love and how it's inspired us as creators
- How he deals with the ebb and flow of his creative inspiration
Listen to the episode
"If you put in the time, if you wait patiently, and you reply to every single comment and reply to every single question, you go out of your way to help other people, that it's going to return back to you."
— Moose Winans
Thanks for listening to episode #036! I'd love to hear what you thought, so let me know on Twitter? If it resonated with you, I'd appreciate it if you'd post a review over on iTunes. That way, more people will find the show, too.
Moose, thanks for taking the time to chat with me and share your stories with everyone listening.
Tune in next week for a new episode with Violeta Nedkova. 🙋🏻